To hear or see Church Services to the following;
On your computer or smartphone for video or audio chat by downloading the Zoom app using this link: https://zoom.us/j/3475880718
One tap mobile (direct dial from a smartphone)
+1646 588 8656
Meeting ID: 347 588 0718
Traditional Conference Call Dial in: +1 646 588 8656
Meeting ID 347 588 0718
Greetings Church Family,
As you know, advisories and restrictions on public engagement continue to grow in response to the global pandemic outbreak of COVID-19. The warnings for those who are a part of the most vulnerable populations have also become more and more stark as the progression of this highly contagious virus continues. We have made the difficult decision to transition to an online streaming message on Sunday. There will be no in-person service at People's Community Church (PCC) for at least the next three Sundays. In the coming weeks, we will continue to monitor the situation and will give appropriate notice of our ability to come together for Holy Week Services. In addition to our changes for Sunday morning, please see the following updates impacting our PCC family.
- God still is. God still cares. God still can. God still will! No change in the methods or worship or fellowship change these fundamental facts which are key to our faith. The precautions that we take to protect the most vulnerable among us are not an indication that we have lost faith or trust in God. We must let our light shine by anchoring our prudence in the peace of Christ!
- The PCC Pantry WILL CONTINUE to serve guests on each 3rd Saturday (including this Saturday) unless otherwise noted. The delivery of food will take place with modified protocols that do not require guests to leave their cars. We ask that all remain patient with our volunteer staff during this transition.
- All in-person meetings, rehearsals, classes and gatherings at the church are cancelled indefinitely. Unfortunately, this does mean that we will need to cancel the Resurrection Sunday program as rehearsals will not be possible. We will be working in the coming weeks to equip ministry leaders with tools to engage their ministries effectively through electronic resources with a focus on engagement in this time of physical separation. Please look for updates directly from your Deacon's and ministry leaders.
- We will do everything in our power to support the needs of our surrounding community. Discussions with Berea area ministries have already begun and any news about our support of efforts to meet community needs will be forthcoming.
- As I will not be able to answer all of the questions that you may have and may think of in the coming weeks through this communication, I want to provide an "Ask The Pastor" option for anyone who would like to know more about our decisions and our ministry moving forward. Those who have questions should submit them to me by following THIS LINK. I will select questions to address each week on our live stream.
This has been one of the most difficult decision making processes that I have ever faced. I value the gathering of the saints and love engaging in corporate worship. I am confident, however, that we will emerge from this season with a renewed faith and a refined understanding of God's ability to move in ways we had not previously imagined. I promise to keep you updated as we travel this uncharted path.
As always, I love you, God loves you and it aint a thang you can do about it!