Sunday, January 28, 2018
Reverend Dr. Patrick Hunt who served as Associate Pastor of our church for more than two and half decades has lost his grandson, Nicholas Ramsey. Nicholas took his life. You may send your condolences to:
Reverend Dr. Patrick Hunt
Heritage Congregational Church
485 West Street
Berea, OH 44017
Also, if you wish to send a donation to assist the family with the services, please send it directly to Rev. Hunt at the above address.
Please pray for the family as they mourn the loss of a brother, son, and grandson.
Christian Education Forum
King: Man of Peace in Time of War "A rare TV interview with Martin Luther King Jr., is the centerpiece of this tribute. Exclusive interviews with Jesse Jackson and Colin Powell provide fresh insight into the life and personality of the inspirational civil rights leader." I began showing this film last Sunday morning and will continue with it at each week during my Christian Education Forum at 10:00am.
Reverend C. J. Harkness will bring the sermon on Sunday, February 4, 2018.
First Quarter Business Meeting
Please hold Sunday, February 25 for our business meeting that will follow morning worship.
Black History Presentations - Month of February at 10:00am
During the month of February, the Library Committee provides presentations that address the history of African Americans. These presentations have proven to be of great interest to us and they are scheduled to be held each Sunday morning at the Education Forum. They are free and open to all. You are invited to attend these sessions.
Ash Wednesday Services – Wednesday, February 14, 7:00pm
Our service will be held here at the church at 7:00pm. This service is a wonderful opportunity for you to assess how you are doing with your spiritual life and to seek to grow even more spiritual in your private devotions, service to others for our Lord, tolerance to practice a forgiving spirit, and agape love for God's people. As you know from attending past Ash Wednesday services, we do not put ashes on the foreheads of attendees. Our reason is to encourage you to focus inwardly on your spiritual growth and not to even hint that outward symbols (the imposition of ashes) are ways to do that. This statement is not meant to question those that use ashes. Without question, many find the ashes helpful and desirable. Notwithstanding this difference, I am certain you will find this service without the use of ashes just as meaningful, if not more so. Please see a list of additional services planned for Lent below. Also, plan to join us.
Upcoming Dates for Special Worship Services:
- Ash Wednesday – February 14 at 7:00pm here at the church
- Maundy Thursday – Thursday, March 29 at 7:00pm here at the church
- Good Friday – Friday, March 30 at noon Good Friday walk at Ohio Guidestone and here at the church at 7:00pm
- Easter Program – Saturday, March 31 at 7:00pm here at the church
- Easter Sunday – April, Sunday School at 9:00, Christian Education Forum at 10J0, and worship at 10:30am
- End-of-the-Year Contribution Statements:
- We thank you for your 2017 tithes and offerings. Your contributions resulted in the church completing many very important projects throughout last year. Paid off the property located at 645 North Rocky River Drive, replaced gutters on the entire church, repaired leaks in the basement and other locations, installed a new dishwasher in the kitchen of the church, purchased two new computers, updated the bandwidth of the church computer, installed new mechanical doors for the mechanical room, and others.
- Though Almighty God blessed the church to complete these projects, we are requesting you to continue giving your tithes and offerings.
- So, we thank God for his many blessings. These blessings consisted of your generous financial contributions and donations, your commitment of service, time, and devotion to God, and your outstanding volunteerism. Thanks so much for all you do to be a light for Almighty God here at PCC.
- Note: Brother Don Williams, Trustee Board Chair, will be providing you with your contribution statements. Giving them to you here following worship saves us from paying to mail them. I hope you will make every effort to be present to receive them.
Please include the message about holding hands as you did last week.
Requesting Prayers and Using Prayer Cards
Please remember when you make a prayer request to obtain a prayer card from an usher or from the rear of the pew chair. We need you to complete all sections of the prayer card. It is important that you estimate the time period you are requesting the church family to pray for your request. If your estimate of time changes, you are encouraged to update your request by completing another prayer card and giving it to an usher. Also, remember we use short and long-term prayer lists to maintain all prayer requests. The long-term prayer list in on the ushers' table. Please help us to better manage the number of prayer requests and the space requirements in the pastor's letter.
Also, you can download and use the PCC APP to submit your prayer requests. If you have questions about the PCC App, please contact a deacon or trustee for assistance.
Contact Updates: please use the space below to update your phone number, e-mail, or other contact information. Please give this information to an usher.