Palm Sunday Services – TODAY 10:30am
"Many Christians in the United States remember Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. This day is also on the Sunday before Easter Sunday." "The coming of Zion's king – "Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey." (Zechariah 9:9
Maundy Thursday Worship Services –PCC Fellowship Hall-7:00pm
This service will be conducted in the church fellowship hall. This is a candlelight service. The deacons will invite you to assist with this service and the Good Friday Evening service by reading one of the selected Scriptures. I hope you will accommodate them for these important services.
Good Friday Cross Walk - Noon
This service starts with a walk from the United Methodist Church, 158 Seminary Street, Berea, OH 44017, and proceeds to Bagley road to Front Street and back to the church. This is a change from past years when we started and ended at Reinberger Chapel on OhioGuidestone in Berea. This activity is free and open to the public. We invite Christians to join us from our city along with their pastors. I hope you will be able to join us for one or both of the Good Friday services-this one at noon and the one at PCC at 7:00pm that same day.
Good Friday Service at PCC at 7:00pm
This service will be held in the sanctuary and the choir will sing.
Easter Program – Sunday School at 9:00, Christian Education Forum at 10:00, and Easter Services at 10:30 am -PCC
This is a wonderful program that reminds us of the work and accomplishments of almighty God for us, and it involves the participation of our entire church family including the youth and adults. Please get involved. There are always many invitations to the members and friends. You will hear more about this program as we move closer to Easter.
Easter Services – 10:30am
Resurrection Sunday! We will gather to rejoice as we remember that the Lord has risen! He is risen indeed! Sunday school at 9:00, Christian Education Forum at 10:00, and Easter worship services at 10:30am. Please plan to be here and invite a guest.
Grace and peace to you:
During the season of resurrection, the ICCC and other Christian communions will join together to proclaim, in faith, the end to racism in the USA: A.C.T. to End Racism Rally April 3 - 5 Washington DC. A social media toolkit is attached to help you in spread the word. Even if you can't travel to Washington DC April 3 - 5, you have the opportunity to share the witness and to pray for the rally and for the long-term initiative to defeat racism that will follow.
If you will be in DC for the events,
- See this link to help you find your way around the area -- https://www.wmata.com/schedules/trip-planner/. Parking in downtown DC can be a difficult experience. If you plan to stay in a DC area hotel, you'll probably find it easier to leave your auto there and take public transportation to the events.
2. We do not have recommendations for hotels; you'll likely find the best rates and locations online by using Trivago, Hotels.com, or a similar site. If you haven't yet made hotel reservations, I urge you to follow through immediately.
3. Please take photos and write a paragraph or two about your experience for inclusion in an upcoming "Christian Community" newsletter. Send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have appended a personal email about the April 3-5 experience, from NCC President Jim Winkler.
Thank you for all that you are doing to advance justice, reconciliation and Christian unity!
Rev. Donald H. Ashmall, Council Minister
NOTE: Tickets purchased for this event must be deposited in the designated bowl on the tables the night of the Supper. So, if you purchase a ticket and cannot attend, please give your ticket to any trustee and we will make sure it is deposited that evening, so the church gets credit.
Friday, April 6, 2018 from 5-7:00pm
At Berea-Midpark High School Cafeteria
Tickets are $20 ($10 for kids 7-14, under 6 free) and includes: a souvenir bowl, soup, salad, rolls, water, and dessert.
A silent auction will also occur--Proceeds from this fundraiser:
Will be used to feed our community through Berea Community Outreach, Church Street Ministries, PCC Food Pantry and SCAN.
Bible Study and Prayer Meeting
Bible study and prayer meeting Thursday, April 19, 2018 at noon. We will resume our study in the book of Jeremiah. Upon our return we will decide on the exact chapter and verses.
- Maundy Thursday – Thursday, March 29 at 7:00pm here at the church in the Fellowship Hall
- Good Friday – Friday, March 30 at noon at the United Methodist Church, 158 Seminary Street
- Good Friday evening service here at the church, 7:00pm.
- Easter Program – Saturday, March 31 at 7:00pm here at the church
- Easter Sunday – April 1, Sunday School at 9:00, Christian Education Forum at 10:00, and worship at 10:30am
North End Foundation Programs for 2018—440-243-2988
- BYW—Begins April 16
- Rib Cook off—May 25-May 28
- Feed the Kids—Begins June 4
- Pizza Fest—June 22-June 24
- Science Camp—June 25-June 29
- Movie Night (Fun Day)—July 28
- Family Fishing Event—August 4
- Pig Roast—August 12
- Family Reading Night – Dates to be announced
(Fun activities, refreshments and a free book for students in grades K,1,2, and 3. Kids must be accompanied by an adult family member, space limited to the first 25 students for each session. Parents may register for any or all sessions). 440-243-2988