New Church Website
We are nearing completion of a brand-new website that provides us with the opportunity to share many of the wonderful things we do here in ministry and in outreach to the community. This new website will contain a photo gallery of many of our church and community events. Should you have any concerns about your photo being used in our church gallery, please bring it to my attention or one of the deacons. We very much would like to include our church family in the photos we have taken over the years. Notwithstanding our desires, if you have a concern with your photo being in the gallery of our church webpage, please let us know by March 18, 2018.
Church's 45th Anniversary
On March 11, the second Sunday, People's Community Church will celebrate its 45th anniversary during morning worship services.
You will hear a reading of the highlights of our church history.
How Sweet It Is
Dr. Ricquetta D. Carpenter of the Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging has agreed to speak at the Education Forum next Sunday about diabetes management and how to prevent it. She will answer your questions and help us determine if having a class here is beneficial to us and the work she does with the agency.
How Sweet It Is! - Diabetes Awareness Program is a health and wellness initiative intended to reduce the risk of diabetes and to educate individuals about managing type 2 diabetes. How Sweet It Is! Is supported by a grant from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Foundation.
- Dates: Tue, Wed or Fri are now available
- Time: AM/PM (Each workshop is 2.5 hours)
- Location/Place: People's Community Church
- Duration: A twelve-month program
- Program begins with a six week diabetes self management series, free health screenings. Six week series includes light meal/refreshments.
- Monthly calls from the Health Educator to ensure class concepts are being practiced; prizes, weekly give-aways, and recognition certificates.
- Quarterly check to measure blood pressure, glucose, weight, body mass index, cholesteraol, and more.
- Commit to a 6 week series
- NO COST
- You DO NOT Have to be a diabetic to appreciate this series
Diabetes Self-Self- Management Workshop Series
- Class 1: Registration, Introduction & Diabetes Overview
- Class 2: Diabetes Management, Monitoring, & Meds
- Class 3: Diabetes Control and Exercise
- Class 4: Diabetes Control and Nutrition
- Class 5: Preventing Complications
- Class 6: Control Stress/Health Care Team
Check Out Hunger Begins February 18
Do you shop at Dave's Markets, Giant Eagle, or Heinen's? Consider donating $1, $5 or $10 at the register to benefit the Harvest for Hunger Campaign during Check Out Hunger, February 18 through March 31. For every dollar you donate at the register, the Greater Cleveland Food Bank can provide four nutritious meals to our neighbors in need. Last year, Check Out Hunger donations raised enough money to provide more than six million meals!
Empty Bowl Supper
NOTE: Tickets purchased for this event must be deposited in the designated bowl on the tables the night of the Supper. So, if you purchase a ticket and cannot attend, please give your ticket to any trustee and we will make sure it is deposited that evening, so the church gets credit.
Friday, April 6, 2018 from 5-7:00pm
At Berea-Midpark High School Cafeteria
Tickets are $20 ($10 for kids 7-14, under 6 free) and includes: a souvenir bowl, soup, salad, rolls, water, and dessert.
A silent auction will also occur--Proceeds from this fundraiser:
Will be used to feed our community through Berea Community Outreach, Church Street Ministries, PCC Food Pantry and SCAN.
Upcoming Dates for Special Worship Services:
- Church's 45th Anniversary, Sunday, March 11, 2018
- Palm Sunday – Sunday, March 25, Sunday School at 9:00, Christian Education Forum at 10:00, and worship at 10:30am
- Maundy Thursday – Thursday, March 29 at 7:00pm here at the church
- Good Friday – Friday, March 30 at noon Good Friday walk at Ohio Guidestone and here at the church at 7:00pm
- Easter Program – Saturday, March 31 at 7:00pm here at the church
- Easter Sunday – April 1, Sunday School at 9:00, Christian Education Forum at 10:00, and worship at 10:30am
North End Foundation Programs for 2018—440-243-2988
- BYW—Begins April 16
- Rib Cook off—May 25-May 28
- Feed the Kids—Begins June 4
- Pizza Fest—June 22-June 24
- Science Camp—June 25-June 29
- Movie Night (Fun Day)—July 28
- Family Fishing Event—August 4
- Pig Roast—August 12
- Family Reading Night – Dates to be announced
- (Fun activities, refreshments and a free book for students in grades K,1,2, and 3. Kids must be accompanied by an adult family member, space limited to the first 25 students for each session. Parents may register for any or all sessions). 440-243-2988