We gladly welcome you to Easter Sunday worship here at People's Community Church. We are glad you chose to gather and to worship with us today. Please review the list of programs below under the North End Foundation of Berea. You can find an explanation of these programs at the following website: www.northendfoundation.org
Jesus Christ is Risen Today – Charles Wesley
Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia!
Our triumphant holy day, Alleluia!
Who did once, upon the cross, Alleluia!
Suffer to redeem our loss, Alleluia!
Hymns of praise then let us sing, Alleluia!
Unto Christ, our heavenly King, Alleluia!
Who endured the cross and grave, Alleluia!
Sinners to redeem and save, Alleluia!
But the pain which He endured, Alleluia!
Our salvation hath procured, Alleluia!
Now above the sky He's king, Alleluia!
Where the angels ever sing, Alleluia!
Sing we to our God above, Alleluia!
Praise eternal as His love, Alleluia!
Praise Him, all you heavenly host, Alleluia!
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, Alleluia!
Berea Youth Works 2018
Berea Youth Works provides summer work opportunities for Berea youth. One of the goals of the program is to assure interested youth have something meaningful to do each summer. The program targets in school youth ages 16 through 26 and starts April 16. Please encourage and direct youth to contact us at 440-243-2988.
On next Sunday, April 8, Reverend C. J. Harkness will be our guest speaker.
NOTE: Tickets purchased for this event must be deposited in the designated bowl on the tables the night of the Supper. So, if you purchase a ticket and cannot attend, please give your ticket to any trustee and we will make sure it is deposited that evening, so the church gets credit.
Friday, April 6, 2018 from 5-7:00pm
At Berea-Midpark High School Cafeteria
Tickets are $20 ($10 for kids 7-14, under 6 free) and includes: a souvenir bowl, soup, salad, rolls, water, and dessert.
A silent auction will also occur--Proceeds from this fundraiser:
Will be used to feed our community through Berea Community Outreach, Church Street Ministries, PCC Food Pantry and SCAN.
Grace and peace to you:
During the season of resurrection, the ICCC and other Christian communions will join together to proclaim, in faith, the end to racism in the USA: A.C.T. to End Racism Rally April 3 - 5 Washington DC. A social media toolkit is attached to help you in spread the word. Even if you can't travel to Washington DC April 3 - 5, you have the opportunity to share the witness and to pray for the rally and for the long-term initiative to defeat racism that will follow.
If you will be in DC for the events,
1. See this link to help you find your way around the area -- https://www.wmata.com/schedules/trip-planner/. Parking in downtown DC can be a difficult experience. If you plan to stay in a DC area hotel, you'll probably find it easier to leave your auto there and take public transportation to the events.
2. We do not have recommendations for hotels; you'll likely find the best rates and locations online by using Trivago, Hotels.com, or a similar site. If you haven't yet made hotel reservations, I urge you to follow through immediately.
3. Please take photos and write a paragraph or two about your experience for inclusion in an upcoming "Christian Community" newsletter. Send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have appended a personal email about the April 3-5 experience, from NCC President Jim Winkler.
Thank you for all that you are doing to advance justice, reconciliation and Christian unity!
Rev. Donald H. Ashmall, Council Minister
Bible Study and Prayer Meeting
Bible study and prayer meeting Thursday, April 19, 2018 at noon. We will resume our study in the book of Jeremiah. Upon our return we will decide on the exact chapter and verses.
North End Foundation Programs for 2018—www.northendfoundation.org
- BYW—Begins April 16
- Rib Cook off—May 25-May 28
- Feed the Kids—Begins June 4
- Pizza Fest—June 22-June 24
- Science Camp—June 25-June 29 (grades 1-5)
- Movie Night (Fun Day)—July 28
- Family Fishing Event—August 4
- Pig Roast—August 12
- Family Reading Night – Dates to be announced
(Fun activities, refreshments and a free book for students in grades K,1,2, and 3. Kids must be accompanied by an adult family member, space limited to the first 25 students for each session. Parents may register for any or all sessions). 440-243-2988 or www.northendfoundation.org
Please like us on Face book – www.facebook.com/peoplescommunitychurchberea
If you are interested in giving a presentation for the "Did You Read?" Series, please contact Sister Leanna Eulinberg at 440-239-5055.
PCC Members and Friends – There will NOT be a Fellowship Meal in April or May 2018.
The Women's Prayer Share Ministry