Mother's Day, Sunday, May 13, 2018
Mother's Day is the second Sunday, and the church will again gladly recognize our mothers. Clearly, our mothers provide so much to sustaining the ministry of our church and to showing God's love for many in a multitude of ways. Please plan to join us and bring mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother so we can show our appreciation to all godly mothers!
Please notify the office as soon as possible of any students graduating from high school, colleges and universities, and other institutions of higher learning. You can call the office at 440-234-0609.
The Dozier Scholarship Applications are ready!
Leon Dozier Scholarship Applications for the 2018-2019 school year are available on the Ushers' Table. Completed application and associated documents including school transcripts must be received by July 20, 2018.
OHIO/MICHIGAN FELLOWSHIP MEETING – May 19, 2018
Joint Ohio & Michigan ICCC Community Church Fellowships
8601 Woodward Avenue- Detroit, MI 48202
Details are to follow soon
Berea City Club/FRANK Spurlock Summer Science Camp - NOTE DATE CHANGE!
This camp is designed for students in grades 1 through 5 (must have completed 1st grade) and is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 18 promptly at 9:00am with sign in time. Pre-Registration is required! We plan to serve lunch at 11:30 each day. You are more than welcome to pack a lunch for your child if you choose to do so.
Camp concludes each day at 4:00pm, and you are required to sign your child/children out each day unless he/she has permission to walk home.
We look forward to another year of excitement for our youth as they discover just how much fun there is in learning about science. Thank you for your strong support. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office, 440-243-2988.
The Berea City Club has sponsored the Summer Science Camp for 11 consecutive years. The foundation expresses its thanks to People's Community Church and the Berea City Club for their commitment and dedication to children in grades one through five and to the community, especially to the north end of Berea.
The cost for the 2018 camp is as follows:
Berea residents $25 per student or $50 per family
Outside the Berea area: $35 per student or $75 per family.
MUST SHOW PROOF OF RESIDENCY!
International Council of Community Churches 2018 Annual Conference Theme: "Reunion 2018- Gateway to Glory" Join us in St. Louis, MO, 63103!
Monday, July 16 through Thursday, July 19, 2018
Registration materials are on the ushers' table.
A Summer Garden
As you may recall, we have farmed a small garden on our grounds. The garden adds a wonderful color and look to our property and provides fresh produce to those desiring fresh vegetables. We plan to do it again. Are you interested in helping? Please use the sign-up sheet on the ushers' table to indicate your interest.
Berea Youth Works 2018
Berea Youth Works provides summer work opportunities for Berea youth. One of the goals of the program is to assure interested youth have something meaningful to do each summer. The program targets in school youth ages 16 through 26 and starts April 16. Please encourage and direct youth to contact us at 440-243-2988.
North End Foundation Programs for 2018—www.northendfoundation.org
- BYW—Begins April 16
- Rib Cook off—May 25-May 28
- Feed the Kids—Begins June 4
- Science Camp—June 18- June 22 (grades 1-5) (NOTE DATE CHANGE) Must have completed 1st
- Pizza Fest—June 22-June 24
- Movie Night (Fun Day)—July 28
- Family Fishing Event—August 4
- Pig Roast—August 5 (NOTE DATE CHANGE)
- Family Reading Night – Thursday Nights 6:30-7:30 in the church fellowship hall
- April 26th: Racing Cup Car Challenge (For Grades K-4)
- May 10th: It's All About the Rhyme Story Time (For Families)
- May 17th: Dr. Seuss Escape Room Challenge (For Grades K-4)
- June 14th: Nature and Weather Story Time (For Families)
- June 28th: LEGO® Earthquake Challenge (For Grades K-4)
- July 12th: Inventions & Robots story Time (For Families)
- July 26th: Squishy Circuits Challenge (For Grades K-4)
(Fun activities, refreshments and a free book for students in grades K,1,2, 3, 4. Kids must be accompanied by an adult family member, space limited to the first 25 students for each session. Parents may register for any or all sessions). 440-243-2988 or www.northendfoundation.org
PCC Food Pantry
The Women's Prayer Share Ministry is leading a drive for the collection of Non-Food items for the PCC Food Pantry.
These items are not edible, but they are everyday items needed in all our households.
Our item this time is TOILET PAPER. ANY SIZE PACKAGE. The last day to donate is Sunday, May 13, 2018.
Dear Prayer Partners,
As we are all discovering (for Samuel) or rediscovering (for Gary and me) what the Spring season looks like, I am amazed at the power of life coming out of what seemed completely dead. It's such an amazing representation of the power of life found in our Lord's resurrection - breaking through any obvious obstacles! This is such an encouraging reminder!
We have some good news regarding Gary: He has received what is the equivalent of a work permit and has started to look for work more actively. We are SO THANKFUL for this opening and we keep PRAYING for his full residency card that should arrive any time now.
Samuel is also learning to stand up for himself... He still needs our PRAYERS as he is grappling with a completely new world compared to his former African environment.
Here are a couple of more specific PRAYER items that I invite you to keep in mind:
- In both of the African theological seminary and the Christian graduate university that I work with, we serve a large student population from the majority world. We have students who come from very challenging countries like the Congo or Ethiopia (which is now in a state of emergency). Several students are really severely struggling financially while working seriously and consistently. We see in them the formation of a new generation of Christian leaders. Would you consider 'adopting' i.e. PRAYING for a specific student that I could give you a profile for, and possibly invest in that student financially on a monthly basis to help that student to complete his/her degree? Please let me know if the Lord leads you in this direction!
- Samuel and I will be traveling to Abidjan April 25 - May 05. I will co-lead a doctoral seminar there and contribute online to an e-learning seminar for theological institutions in French-speaking Africa. Samuel is on vacation during that time exactly and we hope that this will be a strong encouragement for him to go back and visit. Could you please PRAY for this trip and especially for special wisdom for me as will have A LOT of training sessions to lead and many relationships to develop?
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
It is such a blessing to share this hope in Him!
By His grace and in His peace,