Sunday, August 19, 2018
Special Congregational Meeting - TODAY
Please join us following worship today for this special meeting.
The agenda for the special congregational business meeting:
- Opening Prayer
- Report from the Pulpit Committee
- The voting procedure that will be followed is as outlined in our constitution:
Article VII Governing Principles
Section 3. Filling the Pulpit
- When the pulpit is vacant, the church will decide by a simple majority (greater than 50%) vote to call a pastor
- A pulpit committee will be selected and a charge given by the church.
- When a satisfactory candidate is identified there shall be a special meeting for the purpose of holding a vote. An announcement of this meeting will be made at every regular and special meeting of the church for two consecutive weeks.
- After the meeting has been duly opened, the candidate that receives the vote of 2/3 of the members present by standing ballots shall be declared the pastor. Note: For your information the constitution is on the PCC Church App.
Article V Membership Status
Section 1. Membership Classification
- Member. Anyone who joins the church by confession of faith in Christ and is baptized; or a Christian who joins based on prior Christian experience.
- Affiliate Member. Members of other churches in the community who wish to affiliate with People's Community Church without leaving their current churches. To qualify as an Affiliate Member, one must be a Christian and produce a letter of introduction from his or her pastor. Affiliate members may participate in church activities.
- Associate Member. Any Christian who contributes services and/or financial support to the church on a regular basis. An Associate member participates in church activities.
Members and associate members can participate in church activities and vote in church business meetings.
People's Community Church (PCC) Dozier Scholarships
Congratulations to Rickey Shyne and Sierra Stennis-both were awarded 2018 Leon Dozier II academic scholarships. Rickey is starting his freshman year at the University of Cincinnati and Sierra Stennis is entering her junior year at Zavier University. Each award amounted to $2000.00 These scholarships were made available from the generous donations of the church's members and friends. Thank you for your strong support of advanced education here at People's Community.
North End Foundation of Berea, Inc Scholarships
Congratulations to Hope Brown and Christian Key-both received the first time ever North End Foundation academic scholarships. Each scholarship amounted to $1000.00 and they were made available by the Berea City Club and the Dr. Vasu and Lisa Pandragi Foundation. We are very thankful for their investment in the education of our youth.
We are collecting school supplies. Please bring whatever items you wish to donate and put them on the chairs next to the handicapped railing in the rear of the church for school age children and their parents.
Summer Vacation and Traveling Mercies
Some of you are already traveling and will possibly make other trips out of town. I want to encourage you to please remember to take whatever steps you deem appropriate for you to continue making your financial contributions to support our ministries here at the church. As you know, our Church App provides you the option to make your financial donations effortlessly while away. If you have any questions, please contact one of our trustees or deacons.
To all PCC women and friends, the Women's Prayer Share ministry is inviting you to a luncheon in honor of Sis. Elaine McCreary on Saturday August 25, 2018. The luncheon will be held in the Fellowship hall from 11:30am – 2:00pm. Women's Prayer Share Ministry
SAVE THE DATE:
Reverend Leroy & Elaine McCreary's Retirement Celebration ~ Friday, Sept 28, 2018 Church & Community Celebration 7pm – 9pm
Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018 Formal Dinner 6:30-9pm
Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018 Final Sermon 10:30 am.
August 20, through August 26, 2018
Mon. Colossians 2:6-12—Buried in Baptism; Raised With Christ.
Tues. Matthew 5:43-48—God's Example in All Relationships.
Wed. John 17:14-19—Life with Christ in the World.
Thurs. Romans 8:1-11—Life in the Spirit.
Fri. Ephesians 4:25-30—Speak Truthfully Always.
Sat. Ephesians 4:31—5:2—Replace Anger with Forgiveness.
Sun. Colossians 3:1-17—Live the New Life in Christ.
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
--Colossians 3:12, NIV