Sunday, October 21, 2018
God is good all the time and all the time God is good! I greet you in the name of our Lord and hope that you have felt His presence all week long. I continue to feel welcome as I learn more daily about our church fellowship. God continues to confirm His call and I remain excited to run this race.
This week I encourage our prayer focus to be for God to release a revival of hope in our world but specifically in our community. Hope, I believe, is the antidote to the ongoing onslaught of violence that we see in our world today. Our Hope in Christ constrains us to act upon His will and purpose in our lives. To that end, we have the ability to be conduits of hope in the way that we share love instead of hate, joy instead of bitterness through the power of the Holy Spirit.
This week our sermon focus will is drawn from another formative experience in my life. My great grandmother Essie Lou Jester (Big Ma) when at home alone in her elder years would receive calls from her children to check in every now and then. They would sometimes ask "Who is there with you?". Her iconic reply, " Just me & J.C.". I hope to share the confidence that we can have in Christ that we are never alone and that the God we serve is always with us. Trust always that "J.C." is always there even when we are not aware!
God's grace on each of you!
Your Pastor, CJ
Please hold the date October 31, 2018 for our turn to host the Community Meal at St. Paul's Lutheran Church-276 East Bagley Road, Berea, OH 44017. 440-243-1144 . As you know, our church does this each year.
Our commitment is for the opening prayer, money ($300.00), trustees will handle this, volunteers to make desserts, 8 – 10 volunteer servers, and advertisement of the event within our church family. The community meal is open to anyone who might need it for any reason. We should arrive at the church at about 5 PM for serving preparation and stay until the end to help with serving and clean-up. A sign-up sheet is on the Ushers' Table.
Voter Registration The next election date is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
– this is from Cuyahoga Count Voter Registration website for your guidance and participation in the voting process of 2018:
Voters must be registered in Cuyahoga County in order to vote in any election. In order to vote in Cuyahoga County, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a United States Citizen;
- You must be at least 18 years old on the day of the General Election;
- You must be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days;
- You must register to vote at least 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote.
- 17-year-old residents can register and vote in a Primary Election if they will be 18 on or before the General Election. 17-year-olds can vote for candidates only.
Vote by Mail
Who can vote by mail?
Every voter registered in the State of Ohio can vote by mail.
Why should I vote by mail?
- Avoid the lines on Election Day.
- Take your time researching the candidates and issues.
- Vote in the comfort of your own home!
How do I vote by mail?
- Submit a vote by mail ballot application (click the link above).
- We will mail your ballot to you with a return envelope.
- Vote your ballot and return it before Election Day.
When is the deadline to vote by mail?
- Your application must be returned by 12:00 p.m. on the Saturday before Election Day.
- Your ballot must be returned by 7:30 p.m. on Election Day or postmarked by the post office by the day before Election Day.
To All PCC Members and friends:
Please join us for a Fellowship meal TODAY, October 21st to welcome Rev. CJ Harkness and his family. All are invited to attend.
Women's Prayer Share Ministry.
We have extra PCC T-Shirts. Cost is $6 per shirt. We have the remaining sizes:
Med…2 Large… 3 XL …4 2XL…3
Please see Sis. Cheryle Combs or Sis. Renita Jefferson if you are interested in purchasing.
Gather Together—Community Thanksgiving Dinner
Please join us for a FREE Thanksgiving meal.
Thursday Nov. 22. Serving from 11am – 1pm
People's Community Church—631 N. Rocky River Dr. Organized by Daune Jaynes
Sponsored by THE BEREA CITY CLUB!
Interested in volunteering, delivering to shut-ins, or donating desserts? We would love for you to join us! A sign-up sheet will be on the ushers' table the first Sunday of November.
October 22, through October 28, 2018
Mon: Ephesians 5:21-33—Mutual Love of Wives and Husbands.
Tues: 1 Peter 3:1-9—Inherit the Blessings of Marriage.
Wed: Genesis 29:1-14—Jacob Meets Rachel at the Well.
Thurs. Genesis 24:1-14—Searching for a Wife for Isaac.
Fri: Genesis 24:45-51—Rebekah Becomes Isaac's Wife.
Sat: Genesis 24:54-60—Rebekah Blessed for Her Commitment.
Sun: Genesis 24:12-21, 61-67—Isaac and Rebekah Joined in Love.
Then Rebekah and her attendants got ready and mounted the camels and went back with the man. So the servant took Rebekah and left.
--Genesis 24:61, NIV