Sunday October 7, 2018
I am deeply honored to address you for the first time as your Pastor. I do not take lightly the weight of this assignment and am committed to do my best daily to live up to the call that God has placed on my life. As we enter this journey together, I am asking your fervent prayers for the following:
- That God would constrain me to His will in every aspect of my life.
- That God will bless and keep my family as they adjust with me to this new chapter in life.
- That God will instill in me the heart of a Pastor who places the wellbeing of the flock above any other church priority.
- That God would continue to bless People's Community Church and all who are touched by our ministry.
- That we might form a mutually loving relationship and bond which nurtures and sustains our lives.
Please consider joining me in this prayer at least once each day from now until the end of 2018. My hope is that His will lay the foundation for us to see God's vision in concert as we continue to march on in His will. Finally, I share a sentiment that I believe will be a part of my identity as a Pastor. It is captured in a statement that I picked up from family over the years. "God loves you; aint a thang you can do about it!" Because of the love and grace he has shared with me, I also want to say that I love you and it aint a thang you can do about it. Let's walk together in love and see where God takes us!
Your Pastor, CJ
Voter Registration The next election date is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
– this is from Cuyahoga Count Voter Registration website for your guidance and participation in the voting process of 2018:
Voters must be registered in Cuyahoga County in order to vote in any election. In order to vote in Cuyahoga County, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a United States Citizen;
- You must be at least 18 years old on the day of the General Election;
- You must be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days;
- You must register to vote at least 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote.
- 17-year-old residents can register and vote in a Primary Election if they will be 18 on or before the General Election. 17-year-olds can vote for candidates only.
Vote by Mail
Who can vote by mail?
Every voter registered in the State of Ohio can vote by mail.
Why should I vote by mail?
- Avoid the lines on Election Day.
- Take your time researching the candidates and issues.
- Vote in the comfort of your own home!
How do I vote by mail?
- Submit a vote by mail ballot application (click the link above).
- We will mail your ballot to you with a return envelope.
- Vote your ballot and return it before Election Day.
When is the deadline to vote by mail?
- Your application must be returned by 12:00 p.m. on the Saturday before Election Day.
- Your ballot must be returned by 7:30 p.m. on Election Day or postmarked by the post office by the day before Election Day.
To All PCC Members and friends:
Please join us for a Fellowship meal on Sunday, October 21st to welcome Rev. CJ Harkness and his family. You may bring a food dish to share for the meal. All are invited to attend.
Women's Prayer Share Ministry.
We have extra PCC T-Shirts. Cost is $6 per shirt. We have the remaining sizes:
Med…2 Large… 3 XL …4 2XL…3
Please see Sis. Cheryle Combs or Sis. Renita Jefferson if you are interested in purchasing.
The Women's Prayer Share Ministry is leading a new drive for the collection of Non-Food items for the PCC Food Pantry.
The reason for this request is that these personal items are not often available for us to purchase from the The Greater Cleveland Food Bank, where we purchase food to distribute from the PCC
The item we will collect is *DEODORANT, FULL-SIZE. Any brand.*
*The last day for these donations is Sunday, Oct. 14.*
October 8, through October 14, 2018
Mon: Genesis 9:1-7—Noah's Mandate; Fill the Earth.
Tue: Genesis 9:8-17—God's Covenant with Noah and Animals.
Wed: Genesis 9:18-19; 10:1-4, 6-8, 21-23—Families & Nations Descended from Noah.
Thurs. Genesis 11:1-9—The Lord Scatters the People.
Fri: Genesis 12:5-9—Abram, Sarai, & Lot in Canaan.
Sat: Hebrews 11:4-12—Noah to Abraham, Faith in Action.
Sun: Genesis 11:10, 27, 31-32; 12:1-4—God's Blessings from Noah to Abraham.
"I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
--Genesis 12:2-3, NIV