Youth Sunday – Today
Our youth are participating and leading our worship today, and I am so pleased to have them always join us here in the sanctuary for worship. Also, we welcome brother Carlin Austin as the speaker for our youth and Sister Susan Malone for her leadership of our youth here at PCC.
An announcement from the Pastor's Celebration Committee:
PCC members, friends and community members
Friday, September 28 will be the kickoff event for Rev. McCreary's celebration weekend. This event will provide an opportunity for the congregation and community to publicly acknowledge the contribution and impact of Rev. McCreary's ministry.
The program will begin at 7pm and conclude at 9pm. We have 15 PCC auxiliaries and with this in mind along with the opportunity for individual testimonies and presentations from the community, each auxiliary will have a maximum of 5 minutes for their acknowledgement or presentation; individual testimonies we ask you to keep it to 2 (two) minutes or less.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact a member of the Pastor Celebration Committee.
Pastor Celebration Committee:
Ohio Fellowship of Community Churches Fall Meeting
Blessings to All,
Please join us for the ICCC Ohio Fellowship Fall Meeting!
When: Saturday, October 6, 2018, starting at 8:30 a.m. with morning refreshments and a "meet and greet". Registration fee is $10.00 per person. Lunch will be provided.
Where: Second Community Church
311 South Highland Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43223
(The church parking lot is located across the street from the church.)
Church phone: 614-279-8853
Please respond by Monday, October 1, 2018, by e-mail, at email@example.com if you will be attending, so that proper preparations can be made.
More meeting and program information will follow.
Linda Hopkins, President, ICCC Ohio Fellowship
Voter Registration The next election date is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
– this is from Cuyahoga Count Voter Registration website for your guidance and participation in the voting process of 2018:
Voters must be registered in Cuyahoga County in order to vote in any election. In order to vote in Cuyahoga County, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a United States Citizen;
- You must be at least 18 years old on the day of the General Election;
- You must be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days;
- You must register to vote at least 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote.
- 17-year-old residents can register and vote in a Primary Election if they will be 18 on or before the General Election. 17-year-olds can vote for candidates only.
Vote by Mail
Who can vote by mail?
Every voter registered in the State of Ohio can vote by mail.
Why should I vote by mail?
- Avoid the lines on Election Day.
- Take your time researching the candidates and issues.
- Vote in the comfort of your own home!
How do I vote by mail?
- Submit a vote by mail ballot application (click the link above).
- We will mail your ballot to you with a return envelope.
- Vote your ballot and return it before Election Day.
When is the deadline to vote by mail?
- Your application must be returned by 12:00 p.m. on the Saturday before Election Day.
- Your ballot must be returned by 7:30 p.m. on Election Day or postmarked by the post office by the day before Election Day.
SAVE THE DATE:
Reverend Leroy & Elaine McCreary's Retirement Celebration ~ Friday, Sept 28, 2018 Church & Community Celebration 7pm – 9pm
Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018 Formal Dinner 6:30-9pm
Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018 Final Sermon 10:30 am.
We have extra PCC T-Shirts. Cost is $6 per shirt. We have the remaining sizes:
Please see Sis. Cheryle Combs or Sis. Renita Jefferson if you are interested in purchasing.
The Women's Prayer Share Ministry is leading a new drive for the collection of Non-Food items for the PCC Food Pantry.
The reason for this request is that these personal items are not often available for us to purchase from The Greater Cleveland Food Bank, where we purchase food to distribute from the PCC
The item we will collect is *DEODORANT, FULL-SIZE. Any brand.*
*The last day for these donations is Sunday, Oct. 14.*
September 17, through September 23, 2018
Mon: Matthew 19:3-6—Becoming One Flesh.
Tue: 1 Corinthians 7:1-7, 32-35—Married & Devoted to the Lord.
Wed: Hebrews 13:1-6—Honor the Sanctity of Marriage.
Thurs. 1 Peter 1:13-16, 22-25—Cultivate Deep Mutual Love.
Fri: 1 Peter 4:7-11—For the Sake of Your Prayers.
Sat: Genesis 4:3-12—Cain Ducks Responsibility for Able.
Sun: Genesis 2:18-24; 4:1-2—The Family, Whole and Broken.
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
--Genesis 2:24, NIV