Pastor's Concluding Remarks
As you are well aware, the time I've been talking about for more than two years has arrived. The time that we've been preparing for has come. The time we have been waiting for to get answers to questions is here. The questions were the date of pastor's retirement, the composition of the search committee, the selection of the new shepherd, the official date for these changes to occur, are you still going to go through with your retirement, whether Rev. and Elaine will relocate, and other questions. These questions have all been answered. For sure, you now know so much more you didn't know; as a result, you are now getting ready to shift gears; and in doing so I encourage you to continue to trust Almighty God.
Certainly, God has blessed our work. The words of the author of Hebrews remind us of God's blessings:
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."[ ]
6 So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid." (Hebrews 13:5-6)
As you move forward from today, you will remain in our prayers and thoughts. For sure, your and our cherished memories, your love and applause for my preached sermons, your kindness shown to me and my family, your faithfulness in service to Almighty God, and your love for one another as brothers and sisters will always result in God's blessings on you today and forever. With much love and Au revoir! (Goodbye-until we meet again)
Reverend Leroy McCreary
Pastor and Dear Friend
Blessings to All,
Please join us for the ICCC Ohio Fellowship Fall Meeting!
When: Saturday, October 6, 2018, starting at 8:30 a.m. with morning refreshments and a "meet and greet". Registration fee is $10.00 per person. Lunch will be provided.
Where: Second Community Church
311 South Highland Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43223
(The church parking lot is located across the street from the church.)
Church phone: 614-279-8853
Please respond by Monday, October 1, 2018, by e-mail, at email@example.com if you will be attending, so that proper preparations can be made.
Linda Hopkins, President, ICCC Ohio Fellowship
Please hold the date October 31, 2018 for our turn to host the Community Meal at St. Paul's Lutheran Church-276 East Bagley Road, Berea, OH 44017 440-243-1144 . As you know, our church does this each year.
Our commitment is for the opening prayer, money ($300.00), trustees will handle this, volunteers to make desserts, 8 – 10 volunteer servers, and advertisement of the event within our church family. The community meal is open to anyone who might need it for any reason. We should arrive at the church at about 5 PM for serving preparation and stay until the end to help with serving and clean-up. A sign-up sheet will be available the first Sunday of October.
Voter Registration The next election date is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
– this is from Cuyahoga Count Voter Registration website for your guidance and participation in the voting process of 2018:
Voters must be registered in Cuyahoga County in order to vote in any election. In order to vote in Cuyahoga County, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a United States Citizen;
- You must be at least 18 years old on the day of the General Election;
- You must be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days;
- You must register to vote at least 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote.
- 17-year-old residents can register and vote in a Primary Election if they will be 18 on or before the General Election. 17-year-olds can vote for candidates only.
Vote by Mail
Who can vote by mail?
Every voter registered in the State of Ohio can vote by mail.
Why should I vote by mail?
- Avoid the lines on Election Day.
- Take your time researching the candidates and issues.
- Vote in the comfort of your own home!
How do I vote by mail?
- Submit a vote by mail ballot application (click the link above).
- We will mail your ballot to you with a return envelope.
- Vote your ballot and return it before Election Day.
When is the deadline to vote by mail?
- Your application must be returned by 12:00 p.m. on the Saturday before Election Day.
- Your ballot must be returned by 7:30 p.m. on Election Day or postmarked by the post office by the day before Election Day.
October 1, through October 7, 2018
Mon: Genesis 6:1-8—The Lord's Sorrow for All Creation.
Tues: Genesis 7:1-5—God Will Send a Great Flood.
Wed: Genesis 7:6-10—Noah's Family Enter the Ark.
Thurs:Genesis 7:11-16—Wild & Domestic Animals Climb Aboard.
Fri: Genesis 7:17-24—The Flood Destroys All Earthly Life
Sat: Genesis 8:1-5, 13-19—Surviving People & Animals Disembark Ark.
Sun: Genesis 6:9b-22—The Ark of Safety & Preservation.
Noah did everything just as God commanded him.
--Genesis 6:22, NIV