What We Believe
We believe that divinely inspired men wrote the Bible and that it provides divine guidance for living the Christian life and reveals the principles by which God will judge us.
We believe that there is one, and only one, living and true God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe that man was created by God in holiness, but fell from that holy state; therefore, all mankind are now sinners.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is deity, that he was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by His atoning death through His blood, that He bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven, and that He will come in power and great glory.
We believe that salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through the saving work of the Son of God.
We believe that Christ pardons the sins of those who believe in Him and promises them eternal life solely through faith.
7. We believe sinners to be saved must be born again.
We believe the church consists of believers in Christ who have been baptized.
We believe that water baptism and the Lord's supper are to be observed by believers but are not a way to salvation.
We believe that all human beings will be raised from the dead, at their proper time, to participate in either eternal life prepared for those who have been redeemed or to participate in the eternal punishment reserved for the devil and his angels.
How Can I Be Saved?
1. You must accept the fact that heaven is a free gift; it is not earned or deserved. It's God's grace. See Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Also, see Ephesians 2:8-9 – "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast."
2. You are a sinner; and you cannot save yourself. Romans 3:23 – "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Matthew 5:48 – "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
3. God is merciful – therefore he does not want to punish you; He is just and therefore must punish sin. 1 John 4:8b – "God is love." Exodus 34:7b – "Yet He does not leave the guilty unpunished."
4. Christ is God's gift. He is the infinite God-man; he died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay the penalty for your sins and to purchase a place in heaven for you. John 1:1,14 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, Who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." Isaiah 53: 6 – "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his won way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."
5. You must have genuine faith in Christ; this is not mere head knowledge, is not mere temporal faith; it is trusting in Jesus Christ alone for eternal life. And this is genuine faith. James 2- "You believe that there is one god. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder." Acts 16:31- "Believe (trust) in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved…."
6. Would you like to receive the gift of eternal life? Trust Christ alone. Receive the resurrected and living Christ as Savior. Revelation 3:20 – "Behold I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me." Receive Christ as Lord. Repent.
7. Pray this prayer: "Dear God, I believe you sent your Son, Jesus, to die for my sins so I could be forgiven. I'm sorry for my sins, and I want to live the rest of my life the way you want me to. Please put your Spirit in my life to direct me. Amen."
Please contact me, Reverend Leroy McCreary, at email@example.com or at 440-243-9209
One Church, One Family, One Community